Principal Hardware Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer to be involved in development of the next generation of technologies within their Electro-Optic Research and Development Division.
Salary: £42,000 - £59,600
Note: due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.
Key Responsibility Areas:
As a Principal Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a small team of electrical engineers. In doing so, you will be responsible for:
- Product development, covering the full life cycle from requirement capture through prototyping, schematic capture and simulation, supporting PCB Layout and manufacture, to build, test and qualification
- Liaising with external project customers, partners and suppliers
- Working as part of a multi-discipline Integrated Project Team, you will be liaising and building strong working relationships with other functions
- Develop junior engineers within the team by sharing your experience through coaching and formal review of their work
- Reporting to project leads on matters such as progress against schedule, and timely identification of emerging technical issues.
You will ideally have experience in the following areas:
- Wide electronics design experience across a range of fields including analogue, digital / FPGA, power supplies, PCB design, high speed digital interfaces, EMC / EMI.
- Team Leadership.
- Full Lifecycle / Design Process.
- ECAD design tools, e.g. Mentor Graphics or similar.
- Analogue circuit simulation techniques, e.g. LT Spice or Simetrix.
- Writing hardware requirements specifications, test requirements specifications & production test procedures for electronic boards.
- System level design verification / qualification, with fault finding experience and investigation capabilities to establish root cause and corrective action. Areas of expertise are required in EMC and at edges of the environmental envelope.
- Creating/modifying electrical designs for a military avionics environment, particularly working with stress and thermal engineers to address vibration & temperature requirements
- Previous experience working on electro-optic systems, e.g. lasers or imaging systems, is desirable but not essential.
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions