Digital Hardware Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are currently looking for a Digital Hardware Engineer to develop cutting edge Radars for fighter jets as well as Maritime and Airborne surveillance systems. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing high-speed Printed Circuit Boards that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and interconnect technologies.
Salary: £31,500 - £46,500
Note: due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Designing high speed digital Printed Circuit Boards that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and high-speed interconnect technologies
- Supporting throughout the full hardware lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, and unit test; to integrating hardware with the target system; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to customer
- Fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management, and providing plans and progress reports
- Working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Analysing system level requirements documents and understanding their application to Hardware designs
- Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics Dx Designer or equivalent
- Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs is essential
- Design of high-speed serial communication links and knowledge of associated protocols and architectures
- Hands on experience of Hardware, Firmware & Software Integration of Micro Processor Based designs onto hardware platforms is essential
- A methodical approach to the full hardware design lifecycle, working to a structured hardware process
- Debugging, testing and verification of new designs and supporting their commissioning and integration into the target system
- Ability to liaise with suppliers of key components and assemblies
- Ability to communicate effectively across different disciplines both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team to resolve technical issues
- Ability to schedule work and manage time in keeping with project timescales and budgets
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions