Lead Systems Engineer (RADAR, EO/IR, ESCM)
A great opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
You will be part of a team developing state-of- the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made, heavily involved with novel product development and emerging technologies supported by substantial investment in research and development.
Key responsibility areas include;
- To lead the Systems Engineering team in defining the total system integration approach and facilities.
- Liaising with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define sub-system integration requirements.
- Develop a ground-based synthetic environment and system integration facility.
- Integrate complex sub-systems onto a large body flight test aircraft and support subsequent flight trials.
- Lead coordination of system integration and flight trials alongside customers and industry partners.
- Meet with customers and industry partners.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- Extensive experience of integrating RADAR, EO/IR or ESCM systems onto airborne platforms.
- Knowledge and experience of synthetic environments and their use to develop airborne sensor systems.
- Experience in the development, delivery and trials of airborne systems for RADAR, EO/IR or ESCM domains.
- Understanding of RADAR, EO/IR, and ESCM domain concepts and application of technology and processes.
- Experience of working across the full engineering lifecycle for complex products and systems.
- Influencing and leading requirements and design decisions, both internally and within a customer environment.
- Managing extensive verification and validation activities to achieve certification and delivery.
- Tailoring, implementing and leading systems integration processes and reporting on key measures.
- Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction and management, with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions