Senior Configuration Engineer
A great opportunity for a Senior Configuration Engineer to join a global high-tech company developing cutting edge radar, laser and infra-red technology deployed across a wide range of airborne platforms for Aerospace and Defence.
Join a close knit, multi-talented team at the cutting edge of engineering and use your information and configuration management skills as they solve real-life engineering problems on state-of-the-art projects. You'll get the opportunity to work on things like the RADAR for a Typhoon fighter jet, develop surveillance systems that are used by coastguards to save lives at sea, or perhaps systems to track and defeat missiles.
With fantastic opportunities for learning, development, and professional growth, you'll have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, along with the chance to see a project through the full product cycle, from inception to implementation. So, you can truly own what you do!
Key responsibility areas include;
- Configuration Management to ensure that products and services conform to requirements.
- Requirements Management to ensure documented requirements are clear, concise, and valid.
- Change Management for changing released documents and data.
- Working with a wide range of roles and data to support development, procurement, manufacturing, delivery, and upgrade of products.
- Information and configuration management across the full product lifecycle: from requirements analysis; through design, procurement, and manufacturing; to delivery to the customer and onwards into in-service support.
- Operating in both Change Specialist 1 and 2 domains.
- Managing the processing of Problem Reports from initiation to final disposition - minimising time to disposition.
- Managing Trials Modifications to support Problem Report investigations - ensuring results of trials are captured.
- Managing the processing of Change Requests from initiation to final disposition - minimising time to CRB disposition.
- Collating the Change Impact assessments from TRB (Technical Review).
- Supporting the Change initiator and TRB through consultation.
- Determining if fast track criteria are met and route Change as Fast-Track.
- Preparing agendas, calling and chairing the CRB (Business Review of change).
- Setting POE (Point Of Embodiment) & Priority.
- Determining Change Classification.
- Implementation planning and coordination into both the design and physical product.
- Ongoing continuous improvement activities.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- HND qualified or equivalent experience - Forces background an advantage.
- Interest in Engineering or Science - you will work with technical data from many areas.
- A logical mind-set, strong administration skills with an attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Databases, especially PDM/PLM Toolsets or Information Systems and Data Communication
- Confident use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- MRP Supply and Demand Planning awareness a distinct advantage.
- CMII Methodology.
Due to the nature of products you must be able to achieve UK Security Clearance (SC) and be authorised to access UK-Eyes-Only and ITAR material.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions