Lead Environmental Test Engineer
A great opportunity for a Lead Environmental Test Engineer to join a global high-tech company developing cutting edge radar, laser and infra-red technology deployed across a wide range of airborne platforms for Aerospace and Defence.
The purpose of the position is to provide multi-discipline Technical Leadership within a busy and dynamic UKAS accredited environmental test laboratory, ensuring that service delivery & operational excellence is achieved in an effective and efficient manner in line with budget, whilst providing the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction. The facility caters for the needs of in-house development and production programmes plus external commercial customers.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Providing multi-discipline Technical Leadership to a team of engineers performing Environmental Tests, Technical Reporting and Specialist Calibration.
- To ensure that test based staff, processes and facilities continue to meet the requirements of ISO 17025 via annual UKAS assessments and internal technical and process audits.
- Maintain the lab's accreditation and continue to develop staff, facilities, and capability.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external test customers.
- To provide assessment, assurance, and development of staff competence.
- Provide technically effective and cost effective test proposals and solutions to product development, production, and external customers.
- Review and authorise test reports, calibration reports and locally controlled documentation.
- To perform and support complex and novel environmental tests, plus support to variations in the lab's test workload.
- Manage all technical aspects of an effective and efficient environmental testing facility for avionics related products.
- Support test and calibration personnel in day-to-day operational activities.
- Authorise lab documentation including test reports, calibration, and operating procedures.
- Assurance of the validity of test results including measurement uncertainty.
- Compliance with H&S, internal audits, UKAS accreditation and similar.
- Assess and develop the skills of people and facilities in the lab, provide technical and skills input and support to performance reviews and assessments of the test staff.
- Develop and share best practice across lab disciplines.
- Work across multiple projects, supporting on time completion within budget.
- Support test flow management and test deliverables.
- Provide proposals and bids to external and internal customers.
- Support current lab initiatives and identify further business winning initiatives.
- Provide support in reporting departmental Metrics, Forward Load.
- Propose and support initiatives within the lab.
- Provide input to annual business / capital plan and 5 year plan for business /capital development.
- Assist with customer service performance and on-going client feedback.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- A Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Fundamental understanding of, and extensive practical experience in Dynamic and Climatic test processes and technologies.
- Understanding and knowledge of both military and commercial environmental test standards documents such as MIL STD 810, RTCA DO 160 and BS EN 60068.
- In depth knowledge of the quality requirements detailed in relative international standards documents (such as ISO 17025).
- Experience with product certification and testing concepts, principles, and processes, including internal auditing, accreditation, and competence.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely well organised with ability to plan personal workload and work within the bounds of both short and long term plans.
- Strong people skills to coach and facilitate the ongoing development of employees.
- The experience or appetite for promoting continual improvement.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions