Senior Engineering/Obsolescence Manager
A great opportunity for an Obsolescence Manager to join the Engineering Team at this global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security. Working on meaningful and high-calibre projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within an established, award-winning company, you will be tasked with ensuring innovative and compelling obsolescence solutions are available to customers as an integrated part of support contracts.
You will steer future strategy working as a key member of the engineering leadership team and become a recognised leader in the field of obsolescence management within the defence market. As well as looking to the future, you will be responsible for ensuring the requirements on existing contracts are met, dealing with any problems that require changes in approach or significant intervention.
Joining a diverse business with sites across the UK means that some travel will be required, but it also allows flexibility on how this role is performed, including a significant amount of working from home.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Lead the key area of obsolescence.
- Devise and own the obsolescence strategy - ensuring capability differentiates from competitors.
- Provide leadership, assistance and direction on obsolescence business strategy, measurement, approach and resolution of issues.
- Develop and lead the obsolescence organisation, ensuring the shape of the organisation is correct and that the team is capable and motivated.
- Ensure the obsolescence manpower forward load across the full breadth of the business is understood and resourced appropriately, both in the short and long term.
- Commission/review/underwrite cost and manpower estimates and responses to proposals.
- Contribute to proposal generation including customer liaison.
- Represent at internal and customer reviews as required and maintain close links with the external obsolescence community - Industry, Universities and International Institute of Obsolescence Management (IIOM) and other relevant bodies.
- Monitoring industrial developments in the field of obsolescence management and assessing technical and commercial impact on the business to drive continuous improvement.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required;
- Degree qualified in an engineering or managerial discipline or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Strong leadership and behavioural skills with operational understanding of an integrated product team working environment.
- Good communicator, able to engage with internal and external customers at a senior level.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Forward looking with a track history of innovation.
- Good understanding of in-service support principles.
- Knowledge of obsolescence modelling, prediction tools and techniques.
- Avionics in-service support business experience in a support planning and implementation environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of confident and challenging participation within a design/support environment.
- PC literate, and familiar with MS Office suite.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
Location: UK / Remote
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions