Project Engineering Lead (Antenna)
A great opportunity for a Project Engineering Lead to join a global high-tech company developing cutting edge Antenna technology.
Report directly into the Antenna Design Authority and Antenna Measurement Design Authority, you will be responsible for the collation of forward load information, arranging the provision of technical work estimates from the appropriate technical experts within the Antenna Group and supplying that information to projects.
You will be the interface between the Antenna Group Engineers and the project counter-parts. You will be supported by a project technical lead from within the Antenna Group. A good understanding of expected forward load from each project will be expected, attending project planning meetings when required.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Project deliverables within the Antenna Group - Overseeing work progress and with support from the Antenna Design Authority, ensuring that all design processes are followed, and adequate peer and life-cycle reviews are carried out on work packages.
- Liaise with the CATR team lead and attend weekly meetings to help schedule the workload within the CATR measurement facilities.
- Collate forward load information and ensure the appropriate resources are available to project.
- Resolve resource or facility clashes at local level, and where appropriate seek advice from the Antenna Group Leader.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary integrated project teams to understand their needs and to help provide technical support in the design and development of RF antenna solutions which involves unique challenges to overcome.
- Timely production of high quality design data packs required for project reviews.
- Liaise regularly with both internal and external customers.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- Previous managerial experience.
- Strong organisation skills, as the main part of this role is to oversee the progress and technical work being undertaken by the team across multiple projects, and retain information pertinent to each project.
- Extensive knowledge of antenna design principles relevant to X-Band radar applications, and a further understanding of radar systems, their operation and function in general.
- Previous design measurement experience in the field of X-Band radar applications.
- Background in RF or Antenna design is desirable.
- General experience of providing technical support to manufacture or involvement in test, calibration and validation activities is desirable.
Please note: Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions