Systems Architecture Sensor Engineer
A great opportunity for an Systems Architecture Sensor Engineer to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
We are looking for an engineer with experience of creating and developing system architectures and requirements, to apply their knowledge to the development of a world-leading multispectral integrated sensing suite for a next-generation combat aircraft.
A strong technical ability in multispectral sensors and / or technologies will be required to allow consideration of capability, performance, and successful interoperability at a system level. The role inherently requires a strong aptitude for problem solving and an ability to understand complex interdependencies, encompassing various degrees of uncertainty and managing requirements and design inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
The candidate will join a Systems Engineering team, and a wider Integrated Project Team, which encompasses subject-matter experts across a wide-variety of domains and subjects; support and guidance will be available to support the role. Technical design decisions are underwritten by the project Chief Engineer, although the candidate will be expected to develop novel ideas and approaches, as well as candidate solutions with sound rationale.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Development of architectures and control mechanisms for sensor management and sensor data exploitation.
- Perform analysis and modelling to demonstrate the effectiveness of architectures and control mechanisms.
Liaise with sensors and communications technical specialist teams to:
- Define requirements and architectures for the integrated sensing suite.
- Design control mechanisms for elements of the integrated sensing suite.
- Develop and challenge system modelling and analysis approaches.
- Produce system-level requirements, architectures and interface definitions, utilising SysML (Systems Modelling Language).
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You really must have:
- Significant experience working with high-performance RF/EO/IR sensor systems.
- Familiar with use of SysML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody, MagicDraw).
- Strong proficiency in architecture and requirements generation and management.
- Good understanding of acceptance criteria relating to requirements and architecture sign-off at varying stages of maturity.
- Experienced in interface definition activities for complex systems.
- Ability to lead work packages, assuming ownership and responsibility for deliverables in accordance with project plans and guidelines.
- Experience in developing team members, with regards to systems architecture/engineering skills and techniques.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
It would be nice if you had:
- In-depth knowledge of passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing methods for detection, measurement, identification, and countermeasure.
- Demonstrable knowledge of DAS, Radar, EO/IR technology, performance, and operational capabilities.
- Proficient in using MATLAB and Simulink
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions