Principal Engineering Design Authority
A great opportunity for a Design Authority to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
This role will see the successful candidate join the Systems Engineering team within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) business area, and take a key role in the development of an Electronic Warfare (EW) training capability for NATO Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff (JEWCS).
Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will be the responsible design authority for the air sub-system by working closely with a global air supplier. The role will include reviewing, assessing and providing guidance through the engineering design process ensuring design integrity, quality and fitness for purpose.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage in engineering technical meetings with the supplier.
- Asses the design integrity of the design prior to formal design reviews.
- Working across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Managing all levels of requirements to enable design and development decisions.
- Influencing requirements and design decisions
- Working with and influencing key project stakeholders.
- Employ your understanding of airborne RF electronics technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use.
- Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice.
- Travel within the UK abroad to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You really must have:
- High proficiency in design integrity for large/complex projects.
- Experience of working across, the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience and knowledge of UK or NATO security guidelines.
- RF communications and radar knowledge.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem solving and an ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Experience/strong understanding of airborne defence sensor systems.
- Experience of marine and airborne RF systems for communications and radar including microwave systems.
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
- Experience of work package management at all stages of project delivery – cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory approvals processes for civilian and military airborne, land and maritime electronic systems.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions