Senior Systems Engineer - Requirements Manager
A great opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer / Requirements Manager to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
Joining a talented team, your role will be responsible for managing the system requirements, interface specifications, traceability and monitoring compliance. Operating within the Systems Engineering lifecycle and in accordance company processes and contractual requirements, you will work closely with the Lead and Chief Engineers to maintain working relationships between engineering functions, across sites and businesses, facilitating and supporting technical workshops on specific areas of functionality as required.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Maintaining the system requirements specification in DOORS, including maintaining traceability to higher and lower-level specifications.
- Maintaining the system ICDs and working with the customer to develop and maintain higher-level ICDs.
- Working alongside internal / external stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements with which to define and influence system requirements and designs, ensuring suitable routes to compliance and acceptance.
- Providing guidance to other engineering functions on the derivation, apportionment and compliance of systems requirements.
- Developing and delivering engineering specifications, reports and presentations for customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK and potentially abroad to meet with customers and industry partners.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- Proven experience in the defence electronics sector, preferably airborne systems and an understanding of the deployment of airborne military platforms, systems and operation within the enterprise environment.
- Experience of working across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Understanding of key principles associated with RF signal propagation and processing, Surface to Air Missile Systems (SAMs) & Radar Threats.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- High proficiency in influencing and leading requirements and design decisions, both internally and within a customer environment.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
Desirable skills include;
- Chartered Engineer status, or a member of a professional engineering organisation.
- Experience in Agile systems / software development for product delivery.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire.
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions