A great opportunity for a Systems Architect to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
Joining a talented team, your role will be to provide the engineering leadership on forward looking studies, bids and major contracts by identifying and defining appropriate system architectures. These activities will develop the system architectures of future products and services in the Defence Communications and Electronic Warfare sector. You will play the lead role in proposing solutions that match the users’ vision and then implements them.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Being the subject matter expert in the field of Cyber and Electromagnetic Activities.
- Proposing and evaluating alternative technical approaches to delivering Electronic Warfare and C2 prime contract capability and systems to the customer.
- Cost benefit analysis of system component development verses COTS procurement.
- Developing a combination of systems and software solutions.
- Work with the Bid & Project Manager to estimate the cost of solutions.
- Providing expert opinion on appropriate System Architecture approaches and potential future trends and options.
- Providing leadership in developing the role of the System Architect within the business.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- University Degree
- Vast experience developing Communications/Electronic Warfare based architectures, products and systems throughout the full lifecycle.
- Experience of dealing with customers at a senior technical level.
- Experience of estimating costs and technical risk for each solution approach.
- Experience of military communications and Electronic Warfare systems, including a thorough understanding of interoperability, scenarios and customer needs.
- An excellent understanding of RF architectures, radio communication principles and SDR.
- Experience of open systems architectures.
- Knowledge of military and civilian communications architecture[s] and principles.
- Experience of military command and control networks in the Land and Maritime context.
- Knowledge of the design implications associated with Information Assurance.
- Experience of full CADMID life cycle for product and system development – concept through to disposal.
- An understanding of global Electronic Warfare industries.
- Experience of formal user requirements capture, traceability and compliance management methodology and tools.
- Experience of working within an Agile development process.
Desirable skills include;
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience of IBM DOORS tool.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be capable of achieving full SC/DV security clearance.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
Location: Southampton, Hampshire.
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions