Senior Systems Engineer
A great opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
Joining a talented Systems Engineering team working on Integrated Mission Systems, you will take an active role in the development of Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) products, helping provide the latest advancements in Radio Frequency (RF) and Electronic Warfare Sensor technology.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Understanding and interpreting user requirements, in order to influence and define the system and sub-system requirements.
- Working alongside multiple stakeholder groups in an Agile methodology, to iteratively develop and deliver products to meet customer needs.
- Developing your understanding of the EW sensor and countermeasure systems.
- Assessing system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters.
- Undertaking verification and validation activities to fully test performance, usability, and effectiveness of EWOS products.
- Developing engineering specifications, reports and presentations for delivery to customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK and abroad to meet with customers and industry partners.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- Experience of the systems engineering lifecycle stages, processes, and gate reviews, working in a multi-disciplined team.
- Proficiency in requirements definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance using DOORS.
- Understanding of airborne EW detection and countermeasure systems.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
Desirable skills include;
- Experience of product development using an Agile lifecycle methodology.
- Experience of software coding (C++/C#).
- Knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
- Experience of developing desktop PC applications/toolsets.
- Experience of working alongside military end-users to provide product support.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions