Principal Engineer - RF Sensors
A great opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
Joining a talented Systems Engineering team working on Integrated Mission Systems, you will take an active role in the development of Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) products, helping provide the latest advancements in Radio Frequency (RF) and Electronic Warfare Sensor technology.
Key responsibility areas include;
- Work alongside customers, end-users and key internal stakeholders to understand, interpret, and (where appropriate) influence, current and future user needs and requirements.
- Influence customer satisfaction by applying your knowledge of EWOS products and EW sensor and countermeasure systems to develop effective (performance and cost) EWOS solutions for the end-user.
- Define the system and sub-system requirements and make design recommendations.
- Work alongside multiple stakeholder groups in an Agile methodology, to iteratively develop and deliver products to meet our customer's needs.
- Assess system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters
- Lead verification and validation activities to fully test performance, usability, and effectiveness of the EWOS products.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations to customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK and abroad to meet with customers and industry partners.
We are looking for the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- Experienced in Agile systems/software development for product delivery to external customers.
- High proficiency in multi-stakeholder requirements elicitation, negotiation, definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance using DOORS.
- In-depth knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
Desirable skills include;
- Knowledge / experience of the data / tools / processes employed by EWOS end-users.
- Experience of working alongside end-users to provide SME support.
- Experience of developing Desktop PC applications/toolsets for programming avionic equipment.
- Experience of engineering team leadership and/or mentoring of peers and junior personnel.
- Experience of work package management at all stages of project delivery - cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions