Independent Technical Authority
A great opportunity for an Independent Technical Authority to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
You will provide independent assurance of product compliance in support of design certification, primarily within the airborne domain. When required the individual will play an active role in defining the required assurance activities for new / innovative ways of working
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Design Integrity this Independent Technical Authority (ITA) will:
- Chair design reviews on Products, Systems and Services within domain expertise.
- Operate as an independent checker/Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) for certification of products.
- Represent Design Integrity within the specialist technology groups/functions working groups to provide assurance/ensure in alignment with company policy for design integrity.
- Participate in Product Safety Panels.
- Provide input and advice to the product development teams, operating as a consultant to ensure regulatory requirements are understood and met, products are producible, tolerably safe, fit for purpose and reliable in their intended environment.
- Develop and deliver training courses and speak with confidence on regulatory matters, governance and certification.
- Participate in vendor assessments to ensure their capabilities are understood.
- Deputise for the Chief Engineer Design Integrity within the wider company organisation.
- Review Integrated Project Team Engineering Plans to ensure they comply with company policy, in particular considering the design governance and certification activities.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Participate in company working groups to monitor proposed changes to the regulatory environment.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You will ideally:
- Be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a relevant domain.
- Be recognised as a SME for technology area, such as Software or Electronics/Hardware.
- Have hands-on experience of product certification to recognised standards including experience in Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) for airborne products.
- Be familiar with managing Product safety.
- Be familiar with regulatory environment for airborne products, e.g. MAA, EASA.
- Have good coaching skills to help product development teams to do their job without taking over and doing the job for them.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.
It would be nice if you:
- Are CEng.
- Be familiar with managing Product security/cyber.
- Have an understanding of DO-178C, DO254 or similar standards.
- Experience of delivering training and awareness courses.
- Have worked with others to identify future Regulatory needs.
- Are an active member of an external specialist group or forum.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions