Principal System Architecture and Design Engineer
A great opportunity for a Principal System Architecture and Design Engineer to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
In the role, you will analysis of high-level user and system-level requirements to evaluate influences on system architectures and functional analysis, refining and implementing updates to meet user needs.
What type of project will you be working on?
- Cutting-Edge: You will develop state-of-the-art airborne electronic sensor systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic sensor systems.
- Collaborative: You will be involved in UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of our customer and working closely with them will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their required future operational capability.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Understand and interpret user requirements in order to influence and define the system requirements, architecture, and design, liaising with sensor and communication technical specialist teams.
- Utilise operational analysis modelling results to develop the architecture and requirements set.
- Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures of complex multi-sensor and controller systems.
- Assess system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters.
- Identify performance improvements and propose candidate solutions and implementation methods.
- Develop reports and presentations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Highly experienced in developing complex architectures (ideally airborne sensor and/or communication systems).
- Good working knowledge of MBSE development tools and techniques (e.g. SysML)
- High proficiency in requirements management methods and tools (DOORS).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Good knowledge across one or more aspects of EW/Defence equipment (e.g. DAS, EO/IR, Radar, Comms); technology, performance, operational capabilities and use.
- Good experience of leading internal/external stakeholder interaction at varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions