Lead Systems Engineer
A great opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
This Lead Systems Engineering vacancy presents an exciting opportunity for an individual to develop and grow, ultimately into the project team’s Design Authority. You will be involved in a technology refresh programme to address existing obsolescence and serviceability issues for the Land and Maritime elements that combine to offer an overall EW training equipment capability to provide joint forces with realistic training scenarios when faced with hostile electromagnetic environments.
You will have experience in all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from Requirements engineering through to Qualification and Integration support and will involve frequent and effective multi-functional interaction and communication i.e.EngineeringManagement,Electronics, Hardware, Mechanical, Networking & Software.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Robust capture and review of design artefacts for all stages in the engineering lifecycle.
- Ownership and management of technical interfaces to existing systems and newly introduced hardware and services.
- Technical leadership and development for a multi-disciplined team of engineers.
- Interaction with equipment suppliers to clarify system level technical aspects.
- Supporting the development of current and future Systems architectures/designs (including Systems of Systems) and their implementation.
- Contribution to the technical content of the projects Engineering Management Plan and System design documentation.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Extensive experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing.
- Previous experience working on large scale platform integration projects.
- Experience performing Functional analysis and Specification development.
- Familiarity with the creation, management and dissemination of Product Breakdown Structures (PBS) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Management experience working with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers.
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of qualification testing to support design certification.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in the following technical domains: RF, EW, Data Management, Networking & Communications.
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management.
- Previous Design Authority experience working on working on large scale System-of-Systems projects.
- Experience mentoring and coaching of others.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions