Senior Environmental Test Engineer - Luton / Remote
A great opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer (Electromagnetic and Environmental) to join a global high-tech company within Aerospace, Defence and Security, a leader in defence electronics delivering mission-critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea, and air.
Key responsibility areas include;
- To prepare and perform ENV/EMC tests against written specifications, instructions and in accordance with the Environmental Engineering Group Procedures.
- To liaise with and advise other engineers when necessary to ensure testing is performed as efficiently as possible.
- To maintain an accurate and comprehensive record of each test in order that it may be repeated if necessary, under exactly the same conditions, using the same test equipment.
- To prepare Certificates of Test when required.
- To prepare accurate and detailed test reports when required.
- To witness ENV/EMC testing at off-site facilities when necessary.
We are looking for as many of the below skills, qualifications & knowledge;
- Preferably an Engineering Degree (HNC or equivalent will be considered together with skills and experience).
- Knowledge and experience of using EMC/Environmental Standards, mainly MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810 and RTCA DO-160. And preferable a working Knowledge of DEF-STAN-59-411 and DEF-STAN 00-35.
- General IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to produce test logs and comprehensive test reports.
- Understanding of safety issues applicable to a Lab environment.
Other desirable skills include;
- Working Knowledge of EMC32-EB / EMC32-S software.
- Knowledge of LDS Vibrations systems / LMS software.
- Climatic chambers and SPECVIEW software.
- The ability to perform both Environmental and EMC testing, recording tests in accordance with documented (EEG) Procedures.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions