Senior Project Manager = Automation
This organisation has a proven track record of 40 years within the automation and material handling industry. They provide integrated sorting, handling and tracking systems for baggage, letters and parcels; their material handling systems use the cross-belt technology and they work with customers to develop tailored material handling solutions for their customers via never-ending emphasis on innovation.
They are looking for a Senior Project Manager from an automation/ MHE/ baggage handling/ logistics/ distribution background to join their team. This specific project will be based in Swindon area, but will require travel to Birmingham at least once a week.
The successful candidate will utilise technical and commercial acumen to ensure full responsibility for the project success – from business winning to implementation and final handover, moreover, you will make project time plans, complete risk assessment and oversee project budget.
Key Responsibility Areas:
We are looking for experienced project managers with demonstrable well-developed people & project management skills & robust business acumen. You should have a demonstrable record of success on medium to large scale projects together with strong leadership and management skills, including effective decision-making skills. You should be able to:
- Define & execute a project strategy that meets the customers required performance, schedule and profitability targets and work diligently to meet or exceed those targets
- Organize the Project Team & develop effective relationships; supervise & mentoring
- Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance & technical specification requirements
- Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract including cost planning, ensuring strict adherence to Project Budgets
- Report monthly project status
- Act as primary interface with customer
- Manage multiple tasks and projects
- Lead a multi-disciplined team & sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent & sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the Team, promote effective interactions among many departments & provide the project team with leadership.
- Manage & coordinate project progress, variances, & any necessary recovery; identify trends; mitigate potential cost overruns and provide accurate Project economic forecasts.
- Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project.
- Manage the project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves;
- Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Have demonstrable experience with leading large, complex international projects, taking full delivery responsibility including delivering to schedule, to budget and to the highest standards for our customers.
- Be a strong and confident communicator who can collaborate effectively and manage a project organisation by leading and motivating teams, conduct presentations and run meetings efficiently
- Demonstrable experience international project delivery experience in automation domains with demonstrable experience of successfully delivering material handling systems (Baggage Handling / Warehousing)
- Be commercially and financially astute combined with a detailed technical shrewdness
- Communicate effortlessly in English (other languages are a benefit)
- Can travel extensively and sometimes at short notice
- The role will require national and international travel.
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions