Service Manager - Automation
This organisation has a proven track record of 40 years within the automation and material handling industry. They provide integrated sorting, handling and tracking systems for baggage, letters and parcels; their material handling systems use the cross-belt technology and they work with customers to develop tailored material handling solutions for their customers via never-ending emphasis on innovation.
They are looking for a Service Manager from an automated/ MHE/ baggage handling, e-commerce or logistics background. The successful candidate will uphold and maintain company’s standards of service support; oversee a dedicated team of engineers, act as a point of customer contact; and ensure exceptional results and outcomes for the customer site.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- To act as the main point of contact and point of technical escalation for the company’s-based sites for both BHS and POCs
- To manage (where in place) the individual Site Service Managers to ensure they are achieving excellence in the required customer-based Performance Indicators
- To set and define robust SMART objectives for the team and ensure adherence throughout the year and against our customers goals and expectations
- Build, develop and maintain exceptional relationships with the customers and End Users of each site to ensure customer confidence is maintained
- Seek to implement Continuous Improvement methodology to each site / customer
- Rollout a Quality Management Approach to ensure all events, incidents, occurrences are effectively managed to rapid resolution and learnt from
- Grow, develop and manage and effective after sales and maintenance teams including training, development and secondments (where required)
- To manage and coordinate a disparate workforce and skills sets across the UK in multiple domains
- Manage, develop and continually improve the skillset and capability offering of our world class service engineers
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Customer focused
- Ability to find creative / innovation solutions and ability to think on their feet
- Ability to react quickly and rapidly whilst maintaining exceptional standards of quality and professionalism
- Demonstrable experience in managing and building engineering teams, preferable in the automation environment.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and developing highly successful service teams
- Ability to demonstrate highly effective IT skills, including reporting and presentational attributes
- Excellent organisation of self-time and workload, including that of the teams working remotely.
- This is a very customer focused role, so client interaction and development are crucial.
- Travel: frequent (weekly UK) and occasionally international (Europe)
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions