The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for a Commercial Assistant to join their team in Luton; the successful candidate will be required to support bids and projects with customer engagement and contract management.
Salary: Competitive + Great Benefit Package
Key Skills: Contracts, T’s & C’s, SAP, ITAR, EAR, Export Compliance
- You will help ensure that good business is won and successfully delivered by applying best practice and functional governance processes adherence.
- You will work under supervision from your line manager within a multi-disciplined Integrated Project Team (IPT) and with guidance and assistance act as the commercial point of contact for the customer.
- You will assist prepare pricing and offers and help with other team members develop the commercial content for the bids and proposals.
- You will assist processing offers through our order processing system and ensuring customer and billing milestones are adhered to.
- You will support the team with customer negotiations and the agreement of terms and conditions.
- You will also assist the team in developing customer relationship and look for opportunities to secure additional or follow on work.
- You will provide assistance to the team in supporting multiple project teams at a number of locations and be required to travel to support these teams
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Work in multi-disciplined project teams, providing commercial and contract management support
- Process Customer orders through SAP business management system
- Become the customer's point of contact for all contractual matters across various contracts
- Assist in the preparation and submission of letters of offer
- Assist in the preparation of the Commercial Proposal
- Working with the Legal Department and the Project teams, prepare, draft and assist with negotiation of Customer terms and conditions of contract and other non-standard agreements
- Support the commercial bid approval process in accordance with the company's procedures
- Assist the team with working closely with the Procurement and Finance functions to ensure key Customer Terms and Conditions are flowed down into supplier terms and conditions.
- Provide assistance with customer billing and payments
- Support Project meetings as required Identify areas for personal development to enhance capabilities that add value to the business
- Develop a strong customer relationship that enables opportunities for follow on orders and additional work
- Help identify key commercial risks and bring them to the attention of the IPT
- Assist the team with export compliance
- Assist the team manage confidential information
- Assist the team manage intellectual property
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- A team player Provide assistance to commercial team as required
- A self-starter and a starter finisher
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and sometimes with virtual project teams
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and Power Point
- Good communication skills, written and oral and presentations skills
- Education to degree level or equivalent, legal or business-related degree preferred
- A familiarity with SAP and its functionality
- Understanding of a basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
- Basic Understanding of export compliance, ITAR, EAR, import taxes and duties
- Basic understanding of contract law and its application.
- Willing to learn and progress within the commercial function
- Proactive, tenacious, results driven
- Copes with moderate pressure
- Methodical and has eye for detail
- Prepared to travel when required (in the UK)
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions