Cordius is looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join a well-known high street retailer in their state-of-the art distribution centre. The Distribution centre has over a million sq. ft. capacity; operates on 24/7/365 basis and is looking for a talented engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively service the distribution centre in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations and PPM scheme through continuous improvement as part of a team-based culture.
Skills: Mechanical Maintenance, PPM, Breakdowns, Fault-Finding, Mechanical Drawings
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Be self-motivated and disciplined
- Provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives, and KPI’s.
- When required, assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation.
- Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance, making use of documentation and stores systems.
- Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives, by raising the awareness of plant issues and improvements to the engineering team leader.
- Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and adopt ESSOW’s
- Assist with an effective fault response service, in line with business requirements, i.e. holiday cover or increase in business requirements.
- Attend presentations and briefings given to the engineering team in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment drawings and documentation is up to date, raise any concerns to the engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure all reporting, recording, and administration requirements are achieved.
- Assist the team leader in establishing and promoting your training/development plan to help improve your departmental responsibilities and help ensure your plan is achieved.
- Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
- Be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Have the ability to work to tight schedules and deliver an effective, reliable, serviced plant.
- Have the ability to move around and make good use of the plant as it becomes available from the operations.
- Accountable for the major and minor plant services.
Technical and Behavioural Skills:
- Mechanical appreciation toward PPM Schedules.
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings.
- Bench fitting skills.
- Apprentice trained.
- ONC/HNC Mechanical.
- Knowledge of plant maintenance & maintenance experience.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Grades A & B in Maths and English.
- NVQ 2&3 Technical
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions