Logistics Controller - Aircraft Support
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are currently looking for a Logistics Controller to be accountable for the management, control and output of all Asset Management activities related to Rotary Wing (RW) IOS service delivery.
Salary: £34,000 - £40,000
Key Skills: Supply-Chain, Logistics, Logistic Systems, Defence, Military, Avionics
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Manage the assigned assets to meet performance, availability, quality and delivery requirements.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with subcontract programme managers and buyers to ensure material procurement meets asset requirements.
- Liaise with technical support personnel to ensure complementary asset management and technical support responses to the customer are achieved.
- Liaise with Customer/User representatives as appropriate, providing asset forecasts to ensure Project criteria are met.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement and identify expediting requirements within the IOS supply chain
- Generate/Input to Project progress reports as required.
- Undertake performance measurement and reporting on asset/component supply and ensure all corrective actions are completed.
- Analyse in-service SATS derived arising data and update derived reliability figures within the Avionics database to provide in-depth KPI reporting and recommendations to Management.
- Report compliance to Project requirements/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Identify and develop opportunities for reduction in service delivery costs via innovation and continuous improvements of the supply process.
- Support/Represent Project Management (as required) at Customer progress reviews and Management Reviews.
- Provide support to IOS Service Delivery Manager as required for all future bids
- Attend and support Team Meetings.
- Participate in training and development activities as identified.
- Conform to Company quality procedures and standard practices.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Have experience in a supply/logistics related subject plus specific experience working in the defence industry with their related logistic systems e.g. SAP/MJDI/BIWMS/GOLD esp etc. in an aircraft support environment.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Customers organisation structure, processes and procedures
- Highly developed problem-solving abilities and the ability to apply them in a support environment.
- The candidate will need a basic technical appreciation of Avionics equipment from an asset usage serviceability and build standard perspective in order to make effective decisions on asset availability.
- Maintain a degree of awareness of the roles of the aircraft including spares and rotables product knowledge.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be an excellent communicator with the ability to interface with all levels of the Authority and industry daily, including the confidence to lead joint Industry / Customer / Supplier meetings and teams.
- The candidate needs to be flexible, well organised, accept responsibility, with strong administrative and IT skills and a 'can do' attitude.
- Must have a good working knowledge Microsoft IT including but not limited to Excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the company organisation and operating procedures for business, commercial, finance, technical and procurement.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Material supply process from Supplier to Customer in relation to Helicopter aviation.
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions