Software Team Leader
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for an experience Software Team Leader to join their Land & Naval Defence Electronics Division.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Leading a small software development team
- Mentoring, coaching and line management responsibilities for team members
- Responsible for software execution and on-time delivery for several smaller projects or a larger project
- Software development will include the full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, coding and unit test; to integrating the software with the hardware target; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to the customer
- As a software team leader, you will be responsible for creating high quality and robust code; for fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management and providing metrics, plans and progress reports
- You will be expected to complete tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures and take an active role in engineering process improvement
- You will work closely with experienced and multi-disciplined engineers across sites to solve real problems
- Additional formal technical training to augment the on-the-job training may be provided via taught courses depending on the business requirements
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- The successful candidate will have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organization
- Experience of developing software in the C++ 17, C# 7.x programming languages
- Developing software for complex distributed system environments under Linux Windows desktop and server
- Good knowledge of networking
- Good knowledge of developing software within a development process framework
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in the areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to implementation, integration test and delivery
- You will be able to create new and develop existing UML designs in IBM Rhapsody
- You will be an effective communicator and self-motivated team leader
Desirable Skills & Knowledge Required
- Naval communications desirable
- Microsoft Exchange server, Internet Mail and military messaging and the related STANAG, ACP and RFC standards
- Good understanding of agile software development and experience of using JIRA, FishEye, Confluence, Git and BitBucket
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions