Senior Repairs Coordinator
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £31,500 - £46,500
The role of a Senior Repairs Coordinator/ Engineer is to work within the Supportability Engineering Function, to ensure repair activity is progressed through the manufacture and supply chain in accordance with the demands and expectations of the internal and external customers. The repair coordination activity covers a variety of technologies including optical, mechanical, low power and high-power electronics, digital and analogue control and processing and RF transmission This role is pivotal to delivering enhanced manufacture and repair capability for the next generation of Ultra High Performance Radar Systems.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Your combination of engineering and operations-based skills and knowledge will be used across many of the equipment's full lifecycle: from early design verification activities in development; through production; test; delivery to the customers' and throughout the extensive in service support phase.
- As a Senior Repairs Coordinator/Engineer, you will be responsible for co-ordinating the project management team, the engineering specialists and the operations team to ensure repair content and priority is understood and acted upon.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be able to liaise with regional support hubs to conduct initial equipment screening and any subsequent actions to effect return to service of equipment.
- Support the FRACAS process to ensure long term preventative measures and the immediate corrective measure are implemented within the product or design to mitigate or avoid future occurrences and reduce production costs, process time or field failures/repairs.
- You will support the team by augmenting their engineering and practical skills in design analysis techniques for aerospace applications, through your understanding of manufacture and repair processes to determine appropriate business cases for engineering activity and longer-term preventative action implementation.
- You will be working closely with Systems, Mechanical, RF and Electronics engineers to ensure the preventative solutions to product and process related failures are implemented into the systems designs, manufacturing and repair processes, ideally before they impact delivered equipment.
- Tapping into your existing knowledge and experience, you will be able to manage a number of programme related activities and tasks and assess the most appropriate approaches to employ to ensure re-work and repair actions are completed efficiently and effectively within the Manufacturing and Supply Chain communities. You will also have the opportunity to develop cost benefit proposals for long term preventative and corrective actions against the non-intervention approach.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- You will have previous experience working within manufacturing and repair environment with experience equivalent to a first or second Degree in a relevant discipline (linked to Manufacture/Operations or Engineering). You will possess the key attributes of a Repairs Coordinator:
- You will have a sound knowledge of manufacturing, assembly and test processes across a number of technologies and assembly techniques. You will understand how to assess and identify schedule and knowledge transfer requirements between operations, engineering and project management.
- You will have good working knowledge of how to present clear and effective metrics and repair performance data to enable identification of performance and cost benefit improvements to the business. You will need to be able to liaise with engineering, manufacturing and repair specialists at all levels in order to determine priorities and consequential impacts of those decisions. Additionally, the Repair Coordinator will ensure that status and progress of all repair assets is accurately maintained and auditable across the business quality and asset management toolsets.
- You will be capable of clearly presenting repair related data related cost and span time as part of the design and cost review processes and have the confidence to present compelling arguments to the IPT, management and manufacturing teams in order to maximise benefits to the business of implementing long term preventative actions
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions