The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK.
They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology and currently they are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join their team.
Salary: £31,500 - £46,500 + Excellent Benefit Package
Key Skills: Power, Energy, Power Systems, RF, Engineering, Hardware, Schematic, Simulation
The successful candidate will join the Power Core Delivery Team and will provide expert advice, guidance, design and governance throughout the full lifecycle of all projects on site related to Power.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- PSU Topology Analysis
- Review of current and emerging Energy Storage materials
- Review of current and emerging Energy Conservation techniques
- Review of how the Power System impacts the performance of the Generator
- Review of System Requirements and partitioning into Power System Requirements. Sub-partitioning into SRI Requirements
- Provide support to other members of the CDT, including schematic capture, component selection and derating and simulation of power supply circuitry.
- Support Power CDT for full range of Power System tests including prototyping, design verification and production support.
- Creation and review of documentation such as Outsource Procurement Specifications, Statement of Work, Circuit & System Simulations and associated White Papers, Test Reports, Test plans
- Work closely with other CDTs and the EMC Team to create Earth & Grounding diagrams, EMC Plans and Design Stage Review material.
- Knowledge sharing with the other members of the PSU CDT.
- Provide design and domain knowledge support to Projects, CDTs, Suppliers, Workshare Partners and Customers.
- You will also play an active role in the on-going process improvement initiatives within the team and knowledge sharing of Power related topics across the wider business.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
In order to be considered for this role you will have previous experience working within a similar Hardware role and level. Ideally you will possess a minimum of HND in Engineering or Systems or related technical discipline.
- Fault diagnosis to component level
- Measurement & Instrumentation systems
- Electrical & RF Safety
- You should be familiar with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Electrical power systems
- ACDC and DCDC switched mode power supply design
- You should be familiar with a recognised Schematic and Simulation toolset
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Simetrix or LT Spice.
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions