Quality Control Technician – Wood, Toys, Merchandise
Cordius is working with an innovative, fast-growing UK company that develops, sources and markets educational equipment and supplies to schools and nurseries.
Salary: £30,000 + Benefit Package
Key Skills: Quality Control, Control Systems, Quality Standards, Inspections, Measurements
The successful candidate will provide quality control and will lead to set up and manage quality control systems through setting up controls in manufacturing areas, conduct inspections, collect measurement data and ensure quality control documents are available to the operators. You would check that products meet quality standards and are safe for customers to buy.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Quality Control Technician:
Processes and implementation:
- Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identity and report non-conforming products
- Lead the development of Quality Control Procedures and implementation
- Working with the Team Leader in an assigned area (goods in and goods out), provide day to day support
- Write reports on improvements and updates for Senior Management
- Define statistical techniques, determine what data needs to be collected through inspection or process monitoring, and analyse results
- Assess suppliers and ensure that incoming raw materials, components or supplies meet agreed standards by carrying out routine inspections and rejecting unsuitable items
- Support the QA in determining root cause of defects and action preventative improvement tasks assigned including practical problem solving
- Conduct Pre-delivery inspection (PDI)
- Assist in the development and implementation of new product Quality Control Procedures
- Interpret the data to identify problems or trends as a basis for planning remedial action
- Perform a wide range of controlled tests on products
Qualifications & Experience of a Quality Control Technician
- Experience in Manufacturing practices: Joinery, CNC Machining, Rustic wood or Toys
- Able to use basic measuring equipment, e.g. Vernier, Bore micrometre, Bore gauges
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and implementation of required systems for the business
- You would need technical knowledge of EN71 and EN 1176
- You would also need good knowledge of quality control standards and legislation.
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions