Lead Software Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They create cutting-edge Radars, Countermeasures, Targeting & Laser products for fighter aircrafts and next generation TEMPEST as well as broad range of Maritime and Airborne surveillance systems.
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000
Key Skills: Laser Tracking Products, Software Engineering, Technical Leadership,
They are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to develop a new and exciting laser tracking product, the successful candidate will lead a software team of around 8 engineers and will have an experience of the design and development of complex, embedded, real time software solutions and will have an opportunity to participate in all aspects of the product development, from solution concept through software requirements, design, implementation, test, software integration, hardware integration and system integration.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Technical leadership and People management of a team of 8 software engineers
- Full lifecycle responsibility from Requirements Analysis, through Software Design, Implementation, Test and Integration
- Software Project Planning
- Budget and Schedule adherence and progress reporting
- Ensure that the overall technical solution is fit for purpose and meets the required development standards
- Close collaboration with the System, Hardware and Firmware design teams
- Be the main point of contact between the software team and Project Management
- Work with partners, customers and other stakeholders as required throughout the system design and integration
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Ideally you will have a science-based Honours Degree e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering (BSc (Hon)/ BEng (Hon)/ MEng) with experience of developing software in industry or an equivalent research and development organisation.
Some of your skills and experience include:
- A proven track record in leading a software team in the design and delivery of a complex software solution
- Ability to provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring as necessary
- You work well within a multi-discipline team
- Experience of software project management activities including: software planning, estimation, tracking, and reporting
- Experience of the full software lifecycle including: Requirements Management, Design, Implementation, Test and Integration
The following is beneficial but not essential:
- Developing software for a real-time embedded environment
- MDE (Model Driven Engineering)
- OOD (Object Oriented Design) and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Programming in an object-oriented programming language such as C++
- Agile, JIRA, Bitbucket, Git
- Some of: Rhapsody, VxWorks, DOORS, Dimensions or similar tools
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and may require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions