Maintenance Engineer (DAYS, Mon-Fri)
Getting the right products to the right places at the right time may sound straightforward, however, when you are doing this for one of Britain’s biggest retailers with an ever-growing dotcom business, it involves a massive behind-the-scenes operation and some of the most advance technologies in the industry.
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: £29,000 - £39,000 (DOE)
Shift Pattern: DAYS (Mon-Fri), some flexibility is required
As the Maintenance Engineer at the distribution centre, you will carry out reactive, preventive and predictive maintenance on shift – related to electrical and mechanical engineering works.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Fulfilling of all personal safety requirements according to legislation and regulations
- Actively support and contribute to a continuous improvement programme, identifying, evaluating and prioritising opportunities to achieve optimum plant reliability and quality
- Striving towards achieving system, engineering and personal KPI’s
- Close working and assistance with service engineers as well as daily liaison with the site operational leaders to share work plans and requirements
- Support for the Engineering Shift Manager, filling in for his duties as required
- Coaching and leadership of the Engineering Assistants on shift and providing support for other members of the team
- Shift log/incidents analysis
Your skills and experience will include:
- GCSE/O Level qualifications in Maths and English
- A recognised apprenticeship in an appropriate engineering discipline, minimum ONC/OND level qualification
- Engineering experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Recognised cross training from Mechanical to Electrical Engineering of vice versa
- A passion for Continuous Improvement
- Comfortable working at height
- Desirable - Qualified to IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions