Our client — one of the largest UK privately owned software consultancies, with customers in the private and public sector — is looking for a Data Engineer to work out and implement technologies optimised for access patterns, with focus on how consumers use platforms and play a key role delivering end to end projects for their customers around the East Midlands.
Your job role:
- You’ll work with some of the largest private and public customers in the UK
- You will work on a wide variety of projects, at the heartbeat of the UK most growing industries
- You will deliver strategic data platforms for the given client
- Become a subject matter expert in production-grade data science pipelines and platforms
- Experience coding in Scala, python, Java with Spark
- Using Hadoop: YARN, HDFS, HBase, custom MapReduce, Hive/Impala
- NoSQL databases: HBase, Cassandra
- Previous experience with cloud architecture: AWS, GCP or Azure
- Work in an Agile environment
- Work on exciting projects
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 25 Days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme and private healthcare insurance
As a Data Engineer you will work as part of an Agile development team across the entire project life-cycle from discovery to implementation, identifying data sources, analysing datasets, developing extract, transformation and load processes and creating single sources of truth. The role will involve providing guidance around data validation and helping to build a more in-depth understanding of real data usage, especially around data quality and process improvement.
Experience of the following:
ETL tools such as Talend, SSIS, PowerCentre and AWS Glue Data visualisation such as Tableau, PowerBI, SQL and NoSQL databases Programming languages such as java, C#, Node.js and Python
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions