Engineering Shift Manager
Getting the right products to the right places at the right time may sound straightforward, however, when you are doing this for one of Britain’s biggest retailers with an ever-growing dotcom business, it involves a massive behind-the-scenes operation and some of the most advance technologies in the industry.
As the Engineering Shift Manager at the distribution centre, you will lead, engage and motivate the shift engineering team to deliver all activities on shift including planned, predictive and reactive maintenance, and identify improvements to benefit the site and reduce downtime to deliver the customer promise.
- Lead, coach and motivate the multiskilled engineering team; managing performance and developing colleagues through the engineering pathway and ensure the team are trained and able to perform their roles
- Lead ‘in day’ running of all engineering activities/systems including preventative, predictive, reactive and continuous improvement works in line with our Engineering Standards;
- Communicate priorities and consult/influence stakeholders across the DC with appropriate data sources
- Define and allocate in day Lead Engineer accountabilities for delivery of KPI’s, namely Performance, MTTR and MTBF & OEE.
- To lead the Engineering response to Severity measures as and when they occur
- Work closely with Engineering Support teams to identify opportunities to drive performance of the system quickly and efficiently.
- Qualified Engineer in an appropriate Engineering discipline (Minimum ONC or equivalent) and relevant experience in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering;
- Proven experience of managing and developing a large multiskilled shift based team with varying degrees of engineering experience
- Proven track record in managing delivery of Planned, Predictive, Reactive & Continuous Improvement Engineering
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels
- Able to manage competing priorities, analyse problems and data to identify solutions under tight customer promise timelines
- Experience of working in an automated warehouse or similar environment
- Able to work at height, as required
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions