This material handling company with over 40 years experience within automation; believes in being at the forefront of Innovation to lead the material sortation industry and improve customer experience.
They work with their customers to develop tailored solutions that deliver against individual system requirements.
They are expanding massively in the UK and are currently looking for a Project Manager in the East Midlands.
As a Project Manager, you will utilise your technical and commercial acumen as you assume full responsibility for project success – from business winning (contract negotiation) to implementation and final handover (project delivery). You’ll effectively coordinate, manage and allocate resources and ensure open and continuous dialogue with our customers. You will take managerial responsibility for project delivery as well as (where required) providing expert input and support to the business winning teams on forthcoming projects.
In this key role, you make project time plans, complete risk assessments and oversee project budgets. You represent the company and handle internal stakeholders and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers as well as customers. By doing so, you ensure successful project deliverables, so the systems we deliver are fully functional.
- Responsible for the administrative, contractual, technical and financial control of the project.
- Organize the Project Team and develop effective relationships; supervise and mentoring.
- Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
- Lead a multi-disciplined team and sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent and sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the Team, promote effective interactions among many departments and provide the project team with leadership.
- Effectively, manage risk and opportunities.
- Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project.
- Manage the project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves; Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
- The company strives to deliver cutting edge and world class solutions for our global customers. To be able to respond and deliver the inherent complexities, we would look to you to apply your demonstrable experience in this domain utilising your entrepreneurial spirit to generate innovation solutions. We need you to
- Have demonstrable experience with leading large, complex international projects, taking full delivery responsibility including delivering to schedule, to budget and to the highest standards for our customers.
- Be a strong and confident communicator who can collaborate effectively and manage a project organisation by leading and motivating teams, conduct presentations and run meetings efficiently.
- Demonstrable experience international project delivery experience in automation domains with demonstrable experience of successfully delivering material handling systems (Baggage Handling / Warehousing).
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions