Logistics Team Leader / Transport Manager
The post holder is responsible for the planning and organising all matters relating to the transportation of goods safely, on time, to a high standard to customers’ premises and in the most cost-effective way. As a result they must effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles. The Logistics Team Leader will be responsible for personnel, monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills vital. These communication skills are also vital in the development of customer relationships, managing questions and complaints calmly and decisively. They look at schedules and prepare their team members to handle any eventuality. The post holder is responsible for organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements. The Logistics Team Leader must also be involved in strategic development and the maintaining of any administrative records, regularly communicating with the production department to ensure smooth operation. They must also be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure company compliance.
Temporary – 3 Months (Could become perm)
- Getting the correct quantities of products to their required location within the given time limits and as a result must effectively organise and manage a team and vehicles.
- Working with suppliers and customers, planning routes and scheduling delivery times.
- Participate in the strategic development and the maintenance of any administrative records.
- Ensure that all transport operations are carried out in line with UK and EU laws, regulations and legislations.
- Ensure compliance with all drivers’ hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- Ensure that all team members drive company vehicles safely, legally and efficiently.
- Arranging vehicle maintenance and organising vehicle replacements where required.
- Managing the requests for consumables.
- Conduct appraisals for all their team members.
- Holding regular team meetings with their team.
- Experience in all aspects of managing a fleet of LGVs
- Thorough knowledge of drivers’ hours legislations, Tachograph procedures and other legal obligations
- Demonstrable route planning and map reading ability
- Good geographical knowledge
- Knowledge of load restraint procedures
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions