Senior Commercial Officer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: Highly Competitive
Key Skills: Contract Management; Bid & Proposal Management; Business Development
Working as part of the Commercial team, in a fast paced and dynamic environment, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business Sector. In particular applications are invited from individuals with experience in aerospace, defence and security and oil and gas sectors. The successful candidate will lead commercial activities in the winning of new business including producing proposals, negotiating with Customers, drafting, reviewing and agreeing terms and conditions for both UK and International export customers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Drafting, negotiating and administration of complex terms and conditions of contract, working with Procurement to ensure appropriate flow down to subcontractors.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding
- Providing commercial support and administration to projects and/or contracts, including change control management, monitoring performance of its contractual obligations and management of commercial risk
- Producing accurate and compliant customer pricing by applying the appropriate pricing strategy and model to cost estimates
- Preparing proposals for submission to Customers in conjunction with the preparation of internal documentation required to obtain bid approval
- Ensuring that commercial and business processes and procedures are adhered to and that associated internal approvals are in place in line with delegated authorities.
- Performance of complex assignments requiring cross functional collaboration without supervision
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers to deliver the value to the company
- Work as an integral member of the Integrated Project Team to support the winning of new business and the management and delivery of current contracts
- Managing own workload, highlighting areas of conflict or priority
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Business/Law
- A professional qualification such as IACCM, CIPS would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions such as UK MoD (DEFCONs) and US DoD (FARS and DEFARS)
- Experience in aerospace, defence and security and oil and gas sectors
- High level of numeracy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts in the UK and International markets
- A high degree of knowledge of commercial processes and procedures, Lifecycle Management and business processes and the ability to apply them with minimum supervision.
- Ability to constructively challenge others to influence the commercial position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build and support relationships with customers and partners
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions