The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location: Basildon OR Southampton
Key Skills: C4ISR, Contracts Management, PO’s, Agreements, Tender Management
Commercial Officer role is now available to support Land C4ISR, Electronic Warfare and Precision Guidance Business Areas.
- Independently perform more complex assignments requiring cross functional interaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues outside the function to ensure cross-functional co-operation.
- Draft and prepare more complex contracts /purchase orders, other agreements and internal approvals in line with standard and non-standard formats.
- Draft and prepare necessary commercial inputs to Tender Vet.
- Planning and presentation of Commercial offer against tender requirements.
- Establish integrity in more complex pricing models in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with standard formats.
- Function focal point for customers/suppliers regarding contract and supply chain issues.
- Function focal point for IPT project and cross-functional meetings to answer questions concerning contract/supply chain matters.
- Identify solutions for more complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, VoP, liability, security of payments and exchange rate exposure etc. and refer findings to senior members of the team.
- Business approvals within delegated authority.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Developing understanding of domain specific markets, customers/ supply chain.
- A good understanding of functional specific, LCM and business process. Requires appropriate training to HND level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience
- A good working knowledge and understanding of the functional specific competencies and ability to apply them with supervision and direction.
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Can use all relevant Microsoft applications.
- Can work with deadlines.
- Good written communication skills.
- Can produce simple, clear presentations.
- Collates and presents data to support management decision making
- Identifies potential commercial issues and offers solutions for review.
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions