Systems Engineer – Radar/ RF Design
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology and now they are looking to appoint a Systems Engineer to join their Radar System Design team.
Key Skills: Systems Engineering; Radar System Design, DOORS, Matlab
This role involves the design, documentation and verification of complex radar signal processing/control functions within a model based engineering environment and requires an attention to detail, the ability to operate effectively with engineers drawn from a potentially diverse group of engineering disciplines and the ability to deliver high quality output within often challenging timescales. The successful candidate will be closely involved in radar signal processing/control definition and the refinement of design concepts to achieve high levels of operational capability and robustness. They will create and verify models and prototype designs using data sets derived from live flight trials and detailed simulation.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Design and develop radar functions for Fire Control radar systems
- Capture the radar design as systems engineering requirements
- Show traceability and establish verification methods of systems engineering requirements.
- Integration of previously designed algorithms into new platforms or functional frameworks.
- Generation of test data sets and scenarios from models or from flight trials.
- Verification of the radar design and specific algorithms using data sets generated from models or from flight trials.
- Collaboration with software teams to define efficient implementations and optimisations of the radar design.
- Support of lab and field testing and the analysis of data derived from flight trials.
- As Systems Engineer, they will be required to design robust engineering solutions within a team, taking into account all relevant System requirements.
- They will be required to work within the agreed budget and schedule constraints.
- They will be required to manage their own work in a timely manner and to a high quality with a minimal level of supervision.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- An Honours degree and/or postgraduate qualification in electrical engineering, physics, maths or combined subjects involving strong elements of each is a pre-requisite for this role.
- The successful candidate should have practical experience of engineering within a commercial environment or an equivalent research and development organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential along with experience of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Applicants should be degree qualified in an appropriate numerate discipline and demonstrate exceptional team working and interpersonal skills to ensure that effective links with internal and external customers are maintained and developed.
- Experience of using modelling tools such as MATLAB or SySML is highly desirable as is experience of programming languages in general (e.g. C, FORTRAN).
- The candidate should be proficient in using Word.
- Experience of requirements and configuration management tools such as DOORS would be highly beneficial.
- Previous knowledge of the development of complex RF-systems from requirement definition, through system design and requirement flow-down to sub-system level, integration and development, to eventual system validation and sell-off, are desired as is an appreciation of the supportability aspects of modern avionic systems in-service.
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions