Our client is evolving, their products are expanding and they are looking to improve reach and effectiveness through improved user experience. As a member of a global User Experience team based in Derby, you will utilise your talents in user-interface design, usability testing, and strong information architecture principles to make sure that products not only look good but also function to perfection. You will be part of a team who develop world-class products used by businesses around the world.
We are looking for a UX Designer to join this growing team to enhance the user experience for their business audiences. Working with the product team and collaborating with members of marketing, customer support, sales and engineering you will bring a company-wide focus on improved user experience.
You will have a great track record of productivity, creativity, independent problem solving, and on-time delivery of finished work. We are looking for someone with the knowledge and skills to make strong user-centric decisions, as well as technical capabilities as a designer and individual contributor. Working in a distributed team, we are looking for great communication and collaboration skills.
- Conduct user research, interviews, surveys and usability studies, and translate the findings into wireframes and prototypes
- Design and deliver wire frames, user stories, user journeys, and mock ups
- Identify user journey and design problems and recommend solutions
- Operate with a user-centric design approach to test and iterate on proposed designs and workflows
- Consult with external and internal clients to understand their goals and explain research results
- Develop user personas and usage scenarios
- Analyse user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience
- Assist with content development
- Assist with conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Ability to perform and moderate various usability testing sessions and studies
- Analytical capabilities in compiling and reviewing feedback and data culled from research and internal sources
- Skilled at rapid prototyping, developing wireframes and product mock ups
- Strong working knowledge of common design tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Axure, Visio, Sketch, etc.
- Any Mobile (iOS, Android) development experience is a real plus
- Solid understanding of information organisation, user-centred design, and human-computer interaction
- Independent worker with ability to align well with Agile teams
- Highly productive, diligent, creative, talented, and detail-oriented
- Ideally Degree qualified in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or a related field
- Proven track record of UI/UX delivery
- 3+ years’ experience in User Interface Design
- Portfolio of recent work, preferably online
Salary: Negotiable/Excellent + Benefits
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions