Project Engineering Manager
Project Engineering Manager
Within the Support and Service Solutions (S3) UK Line of Business and as part of the Typhoon Support Value Steam, the new role of Project Engineering Manager - Export Support has arisen. This role has been formed due to the long term Radar and DASS support contracts for Typhoon Support in Saudi Arabia ending, and the imminent capture of a single long term and greater scope support contract, covering the product range.
In delivering the Project Engineering Manager role, you will be required to take ownership and implement, control and report on the day-to-day engineering delivery for the Radar and DASS support services for the Typhoon Support business in Saudi Arabia and Oman, and provide engineering direction and leadership to the in-kingdom engineering teams. You will also be working in close partnership with Advanced Electronics Company (AEC) in Saudi Arabia to establish, sustain and grow AEC as the Avionics Service provider for Typhoon Support in the region.
In addition to this, you will have a significant role in supporting the business development / winning activities for both current and future export Customers, ensuring the services required for the Royal Saudi Air Force, the Royal Air Force of Oman and future Typhoon Support export Customers are captured, integrated and executed successfully.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Be the Customer facing representative for engineering delivery on Typhoon Support Export Support Contracts with all external Customers and Partners.
- Take ownership and co-ordinate/manage the engineering work packages, and periodically report on work package health.
- Manage the engineering team to ensure the contractual requirements of the projects are executed.
- Manage the engineering risks and opportunities, and report these to the key stakeholders both internal and external to the Company.
- Lead the engineering activities for Typhoon Support export business development/winning activities.
- Delivery on commitments made to both internal and external Customers and Partners.
- Delivery of engineering milestones and requirements for the projects to the agreed cost, quality and schedule.
- Developing and maintaining Customer and Partner relationships, satisfaction and delight.
- Mentoring and managing the performance and development of the engineering team members.
- Managing the overall allocation of engineering tasks, ensuring the necessary resources are in place to execute these.
- Planning and monitoring of engineering resource expenditure to ensure that resources are available and utilised within budget and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Providing engineering solutions and estimates to current and future bid/proposal activities.
- Maintaining project compliance with the company policies and procedures, including life cycle management.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions