Global Software House is looking to hire a capable Database Developer to join a highly regarded technical team based in Derby.
You will have strong experience with developing enterprise level databases with tight integration with high-level programming languages such as C#. In addition, you will have extensive experience developing database schemas, designing, coding, and debugging stored procedures, and performing database optimizations.
You will participate in the implementation of solutions that employ leading-edge technologies and the ability to quickly translate business requirements into effective database solutions will be critical to the success of this role. A high energy level, the ability to set and achieve goals, and great interpersonal and communication skills are also essential.
- Design database schemas and optimise database design
- Design, develop, and test stored procedures
- Estimate development schedules and determine project scope
- Perform database optimization and performance tuning
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards and is easy to maintain
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process
- Work with documentation to see that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
- Use source control for the appropriate data objects
- Work with other developers / DBAs to achieve defined goals
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience designing database schemas and performing database optimizations using Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Knowledge of proper database normalization, indexing, transaction protection, and locking is essential
- Develop stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, and views
- Strong knowledge and experience using SQL including writing complex queries for ad-hoc reporting and data analysis
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Integration with cloud services
- Experience with high transaction volumes and scalable database models
- Proficient knowledge of data modelling concepts and formalized database design including creating tables, indexes, and enforcing data integrity
- Experience working on a commercial Enterprise-Level product with a database back-end is a strong plus
- Exposure to NoSQL databases e.g. DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Mongo, Presto, Elastic Search etc.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits (Depending on Experience)
Location: Derby, East Midlands
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions