Industrial Engineer – Contract
Getting the right products to the right places at the right time may sound straightforward. However, when you’re doing this for one of Britain’s biggest retailers with an ever-growing dotcom business, it involves a massive behind-the-scenes operation and some of the most advance technologies in the industry. Fast, flexible and agile, their Castle Donington Distribution Centre plays a vital part in their ability to deliver what their customers want when they need it – and you’ll be right at the heart of it.
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (Pro Rata)
Working Hours: Office Hours + some flexibility required
Contract: 6 month FTC (possible extension)
You will play a key role in the development of company’s onsite operational efficiency; performing multiple work studies to provide accurate work performance data; capture key influencing factors on work performance; and make recommendations and support implementation of process improvements. As an expert in your specialist field, you will have a current BSI rating qualification with a proven track record as an Industrial Engineer – ideally in a warehousing environment where work content is variable; strong data analysis and interpretation skills with the ability to engage and communicate in a clear and concise manner at all levels in all forums.
Key accountabilities and measures:
- Develop an understanding of warehouse direct and indirect activities including interdependencies
- Develop and conduct work studies by area, to the appropriate level of detail and frequency, to record the key influencing factors on work performance and capture Standard Minute Value level performance data
- Provide performance data and interpret into BSI level work performance targets capturing variations as appropriate
- Capture and measure waste visible during process measurements
- Recommend and support the implementation of process improvements
- Work with the operational managers to educate and promote industrial engineering as a work performance management tool
- Act as an SME to support the definition and implementation of work performance management process
Technical skills/business skills required:
- Proven experience as an Industrial Engineer with a current BSI rating qualification
- Experience operating in a logistics/warehouse environment with variable work content, ideally automated warehousing
- Able to identify task elements and perform data capture at multiple levels
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels
- Interpretation and analysis of data with attention to detail
- Experience of operating in a lean operating environment and utilising problem solving tools
- Understanding of best in class retail logistics
- Self-driven individual with ability to manage delivery of on-site projects to key milestones and within cost parameters
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions