Mid-Senior Web Developer (PHP, Laravel)
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Agile, solution-driven development team in which you will enjoy the freedom to learn, choose and implement some of the latest web technologies while supporting existing mission critical applications for public and in house applications.
You must have a passion for writing solid well-structured software using modern development practices and technology.
You’ll enjoy solving complex problems and programming in variety of languages. You will work on projects, ranging from maintaining existing products to building new solutions using a variety of technologies to deliver and support web-based applications in a dedicated private infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment, with flexible working, free beverages, fruit and snacks, music on tap, TV, monthly social events, personal development days, free personal tests and many other benefits.
Required experience (in order of importance):
- Good working knowledge of PHP(7x) and Laravel(5.4 +)
- Good understanding of relational databases e.g. MySQL
- Experience of working with Git
- Experience of developing/working with web services and REST APIs
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented development
- Good knowledge of testing strategies, TDD and writing automated tests and testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit, PHPSpec)
- Good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Sass and responsive design
Desirable technologies and experience:
- Knowledge of Agile and XP development practices
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of ColdFusion
- Good working knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery technology such as Jenkins/Octopus
- Comfortable Developing software within an Agile team environment
- Proficient in Conducting and undergoing peer code review
- A passionate advocate of internet technology
- Good analytical and Problem solving skills
- Have an open mind and be keen to research and bring new ideas and appropriate new technologies into the team
- Passion for good application architecture
- Sociable, enthusiastic, collaborative, proactive and team player
- Circa £30k-£40k (depending on experience) + Benefits
Cordius Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Vacancy Ref: 795
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions