The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Location: Luton; Bedfordshire
Key Skills: Quality Tools & Techniques; ISO; Risk & Opportunity Management
In conjunction with the Product Team Leader the successful candidate will identify the specific project risks and opportunities that the Quality Manager will manage on behalf of the Product Team as well as Quality Manager will create an Assurance Plan which defines how these project objectives will be achieved.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Successful management of Project Risk and Opportunities
- Track record of successfully leading Assurance Teams in order to meet Product Team delivery objectives and assurance function improvement plans across all phases of the Product and Project Lifecycle
- Track record of successfully mitigating risks and realisation of opportunities
- Success in mentoring and coaching in order to grow Quality excellence within the Company
- Successful application of interpersonal skills to positively influence behaviours within Quality at individual and team level
- Proven experience in representing the Quality Function at a senior level with Customers and Product Team
- Achievement of project assurance milestones within the product and project lifecycle
- Delivery of reports and supporting data to the business and function as required
- Reduction in Company’s Non-Conformance costs and promotion of a root cause and corrective action culture
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and behaviours in order to manage the numerous stakeholders involved in supporting the delivery of the Quality
- Strategic Action Plan
- Ability to manage Non Conformance in a proactive and effective manner
- Ability to influence within the Product Team in order to implement change or address failure with a multifunctional team approach
- In depth knowledge of the Quality organisational structure
- Required to interact effectively with the Product Team and Sectors and Heads of Function to meet targets
- Ability to effectively manage people to address both development and performance improvement in a fair and effective manner
- Ability to identify efficiency improvements, including Risk and Opportunity, in delivery of Quality excellence within the functions and the skills to drive change through strong management
- Experience of managing the interface with all other functions within the business
- Ability to provide leadership to the Quality population by creating a high performance culture within the Project Assurance Team
- In depth knowledge of improvement tools and techniques including Risk and Opportunity management operated within our industry sector
- Ideally from Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Defence, Oil & Gas, Highly Regulated industry background
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions