The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology and now they are looking to appoint a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Location: Luton; Bedfordshire
Key Skills: Quality Tools & Techniques; ISO; Risk & Opportunity Management
The Quality Engineer will be operating within an Integrated Project Team covering a wide range of Assurance activities across multiple stages of the Project and Product lifecycle in order to assure the quality of plans, procedures and products of development and delivery projects by following quality standards and procedures.
- Contribute to delivering product to Specification (conformant) and schedule
- Support Business Processes
- Lifecycle Reviews, including Design (PDR), Implementation (CDR), Test (TRR) and Release
- Configuration Management including Change Control Boards
- Process and Release auditing
- Report progress and issues to their Projects and to their Line manager
- Plan and prioritise own activities, may coordinate team activities
- Take responsibility for their career development, work with line managers and task managers to identify and achieve objectives
- Analyse and communicate data to support the understanding of information and decision making.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge Required:
- An Engineering or Quality Assurance degree
- Chartered Quality Institute membership
- Aerospace/Defence/ Automotive/ Medical/ Oil & Gas – Highly Regulated industry background
- Detailed knowledge of function-specific development processes (e.g. software or firmware engineering), Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Verification and Validation
- 3rd Party Certification: ISO/ AS
- Administrative and organisation skills
- Practical knowledge and experience of a number of relevant processes and procedures e.g. AS9100D
- Own problems, and develop appropriate and timely solutions
- Work on their own initiative, and as effective team members within Project Teams and within the Quality Function
- Coach / supervise / develop others (e.g. graduates, placement and work-experience students).
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions