Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
The company has the goal of becoming one of the leading predictive management companies over the next five years.
They are already an established and respected player within the wind sector and are now implementing plans to expand rapidly within major markets across Americas, Europe and Asia.
The growth plans include wind plus other industrial sectors where a unique mix of analytical, engineering and consultative skills deliver valuable benefits to companies seeking cost, efficiency and productivity gains.
A specific opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager working in a key role to scale up part of the business providing condition monitoring hardware/electronics for monitoring wind turbines and industrial machinery.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the smooth delivery of hardware systems to our clients and engineers in the field. A wide range of responsibilities include working with manufacturing suppliers, managing orders and lead times, managing logistics/shipping, handling warranty returns, managing documentation and accurately tracking data for units in the field. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail, as well as outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well with external suppliers and internal staff in global offices.
This is an exciting opportunity in a rapidly growing business in the low-carbon/renewable energy sector. The successful candidate will join our team in Nottingham, UK, providing predictive maintenance technology to the wind industry and other industrial sectors. The successful candidate will have proven relevant skills and experience, a desire to expand their career in Supply Chain Engineering and willing to play in key role in scaling up the production in an exciting phase of a new product.
- Communication with suppliers/manufacturers
- Managing orders and lead times
- Managing the impact of design changes – e.g. BOM changes to be communicated to the manufacturer
- Updating rolling forecasts of orders and demand
- Organising logistics/shipping
- Managing returns, faulty units and warranty claims
- Managing/tracking documentation including work instructions and installation manuals
- Tracking units in the field; keeping track of serial numbers and relevant installation data
- Supporting the Sales and commercial teams with costing and project schedules
Required qualifications and experience
- BSc in any related field – e.g. business management, electrical/electronic engineering, etc.
- Proven track record in supply chain management or similar discipline
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing sector
- Experience in logistics, import/export or regional supply chain management
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions