Engineer (Wind Turbines)
Engineer (Wind Turbines)
Global, hi-tech business focused on the renewable sector.
The company has the goal of becoming one of the leading predictive management companies over the next five years.
They are already an established and respected player within the wind sector and are now implementing plans to expand rapidly within major markets across Americas, Europe and Asia.
The growth plans include wind plus other industrial sectors where a unique mix of analytical, engineering and consultative skills deliver valuable benefits to companies seeking cost, efficiency and productivity gains.
A specific opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to apply and expand their engineering career in a rapidly scaling segment of the business: supply, installation, networking of equipment and monitoring of wind turbines. Rapid business growth requires a wide range of mechanical engineering functions across multiple projects and customers, principally in Europe but also supporting global offices. This is an opportunity to join a team in Nottingham, UK, that is team focused and top in class for providing predictive maintenance technology to the wind industry and other select sectors. The successful candidate will have broadly relevant skills and experience, a desire to expand their career both technically and in project management as well as the right attitude to contribute to ‘doing’ as well as ‘planning’.
Practical aptitude to working with large rotating machinery, including interest in climbing wind turbines for such work, as well as attention to detail in documentation are both essential characteristics.
While specific training will be provided for this job, a candidate should only apply if they have significant aptitude or familiarity in some of the following areas:
- Rotating machinery or machinery instrumentation
- Product documentation
- Controls and automation
- Networking and routing to connect equipment
- Data acquisition and instrumentation
- Project management of condition monitoring installation projects.
- Installation of condition monitoring hardware for smaller pilot projects
- Supporting contractors on installations for larger projects
- Development of work instructions and other new product documentation
- QAQC on installations
- Troubleshooting issues and working with the technical team to quickly resolve issues
- Supporting costing and quotations
Required qualifications and experience
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Past experience in engineering project management
- Past experience in mechanical engineering, relevant to this role
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions