Following a series of significant contract awards through 2016 and 2017, the company faces a period of significant growth in their Automation Business. They are rapidly becoming the go-to company when customers require tailored business critical automated systems for a diverse range of sorting requirements. The company is looking to accelerate the growth in the UK and overseas business to enable them to respond to the current and envisaged future growth and ultimately to increase market share. To be the Procurement Manager in the Automation business area with the responsibility for all aspects of the external supply chain management and performance providing functional governance, process ownership, accountability, effective communication and critically a complete procurement service from strategic management to buying. The main focus for this role is to ensure strategic alignment of the Supply Chain to meet the dynamic nature of the business area, as well as maintaining Supplier delivery performance into the existing Customer programmes. This role will require a demonstrated ability in forging and influencing effective business relationships both externally within the Supply base and cross functionally within the product IPT.
Salary: circa £50,000+ Benefits
Key Responsibility Areas
- Accountability as the Procurement Manager within the business area.
- Accountable for the delivering Supplier Cost reductions in lines with the prevailing expectations.
- Ensure effective Supplier delivery performance to meet the needs of current and future programmes
- Develop effective relationships both horizontally and vertically with the Suppliers / Subcontractors to influence successful achievement and execution of the current and future contracts.
- Cross functional collaboration and working to support the Suppliers’ ability to perform to quality, cost and schedule throughout the Product lifecycle.
- Prepares monthly Procurement status reports on Material, Resource and Supplier performance for the business area as agreed with the business area and Procurement Function.
- Ensure that the appropriate commercial protections are in place such as effective Supply Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) / Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA’s) / Export Licences etc.
- Manage any Export constraints that exist within the Product Supply Chain.
- Manage all Procurement risks and opportunities to beneficial closure.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions