Every person makes this site an incredible place to work, and together, they’re unstoppable. Within their buzzing environment all their talented people work hard but they ensure some fun is thrown in too! The company is entering a bold and brave new phase and they’re striving to be a brand with attitude, the only rule is that there are no rules and they want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Location: Newcastle under Lyme (ST5)
Skills: Mechanical, Maintenance, Warehousing
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter to join the team at Newcastle under Lyme. The successful candidate will be responsible for reactively maintaining a range of automated equipment; with a specific focus on availability. You will achieve business and departmental goals / objectives through continuous improvement as part of a team based culture.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Be self-motivated and disciplined
- Provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives, and KPI’s. (Key performance indicators).
- When required, assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation.
- Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance, making use of documentation and stores systems.
- Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives, by raising the awareness of plant issues and improvements to the engineering team leader.
- Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and adopt ESSOW’s(Engineering Safe Systems of Work).
- Assist with an effective fault response service, in line with business requirements, i.e. holiday cover or increase in business requirements.
- Attend presentations and briefings given to the engineering team in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment drawings and documentation is up to date, raise any concerns to the engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure all reporting, recording, and administration requirements are achieved.
- Assist the team leader in establishing and promoting your training/development plan to help improve your departmental responsibilities and help ensure your plan is achieved.
- Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
- Be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Have the ability to work to tight schedules and deliver an effective, reliable, serviced plant.
- Have the ability to move around and make good use of the plant as it becomes available from the operations.
- Accountable for the major and minor plant services.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions