Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Every person makes this site an incredible place to work, and together, they’re unstoppable. Within their buzzing environment all their talented people work hard but they ensure some fun is thrown in too! The company is entering a bold and brave new phase and they’re striving to be a brand with attitude, the only rule is that there are no rules and they want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Location: Newcastle under Lyme (ST5)
Skills: Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance, PLC, Automation, Profibus, Warehousing
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a Maintenance Shift Engineer to join the team at Newcastle under Lyme. The successful candidate will be responsible for reactively maintaining a range of automated equipment; with a specific focus on availability. You will achieve business and departmental goals / objectives through continuous improvement as part of a team based culture.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI’s
- When required, assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation.
- Undertake risk assessments in line with company requirements in relation to persons, plant, equipment, property, environment and health and safety.
- Assist with an effective fault response service, in line with business requirements, i.e. holiday cover or increase in business requirements.
- Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance.
- Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives.
- Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have ESSOW’s (Engineering Safe System of Work) written for them.
- Provide an effective fault response service to be available at all times in line with business requirements.
- Assist with forecast and control of annual budget expenditure.
- Ensure all drawings and documentation on equipment is up to date.
- Ensure all reporting, recording and administration requirements are achieved.
- Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions