The company are an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving Investors In People accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology. With a large proportion of their engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals.
This role is a key part of the company’s Integrated Antenna Systems (IAS) team at Filton and they are seeking an innovative, flexible individual who has the ability to work effectively on their own initiative, as well as part of a larger team and capable of representing the company to customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing antenna designs and liaising with other core functions to develop those designs into a production ready state. Playing a key role within the electromagnetic (EM) modelling team creating and running EM simulations and developing EM post processing tools using software packages such as MathCAD or MATLAB.
The position will involve liaising closely with customers in order to support them and understand their needs.
The successful candidate will need to be SC cleared prior to joining the team.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Antenna design and research.
• RF circuit design and development.
• Preparation of 3D CAD models for use in EM simulations.
• Running electromagnetic (EM) simulations as part of antenna design process and to establish the antennas installed performance characteristics on complex platforms.
• Presenting work and interfacing with customers.
• Develop EM simulation data post processing tools using MathCad, MATLAB or EXCEL spreadsheets as required.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Science or engineering degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience in antenna design, RF Circuit design/ development and EM simulation modelling.
• Proficient in MathCad or MATLAB (Essential)
• An understanding of the physical and theoretical aspects of antennas and propagation
• Proven record in simulation modelling (Desirable)
• Presentation skills (Essential)
• Practical workshop skills for producing prototypes (Essential)
• RF circuit design (Desirable)
• Manufacturing techniques and methods (Desirable)
• An appreciation and understanding of the differences between EM simulation software approaches using Time Domain and Frequency Domain methodologies (Desirable)
• Experience using MicroStation CAD tool (Desirable)
• Experience with EM simulation packages, i.e. CST, FEKO, HFSS (Desirable)
• The role will involve outdoor work, working on customer sites and involvement in field trials of equipment.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions