Lead Quality Control & Inspection Engineer
Cordius is looking for a Lead Quality Control & Inspection Engineer on behalf of a multinational automotive aftermarket company in their newly built state-of-the-art fully automated Distribution Centre located between North Derbyshire & South Sheffield.
The ideal candidate will manage the goods inwards inspection process ensuring visual and physical inspections are carried out on all new or required products, as well as the candidate will record outcomes, communication and resolution of all quality-related matters with the relevant internal or external contacts to ensure the product quality and therefore the protection of the brand.
Location: Commutable from Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Mansfield, South Yorkshire & Sheffield
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 (DOE)
Skills: Technical Drawings, Inspection, ERP, Automotive, Leadership, ISO
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am – 4:30pm & 12:00pm – 8:30pm, rotating
- Coordinate and manage the Team of Quality Inspectors
- Responsible for the calibration and testing of measurement equipment in accordance with ISO procedures
- Ensure a uniform Goods-In Inspection Level within the group
- Ensure returned parts are processed quickly and efficiently to provide quick efficient credit for customers
- Create regular reports and analysis of returned parts
- Responsible for achieving productivity targets, quality standards & KPI’s
- Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards
- Communicate effectively at different levels and across the business with other departments
- Responsible for people management including team development, reviews, recruitment and employee relations issues
- Ensure everybody strictly follows the Health & Safety policies and procedures, fostering a culture of working safely
Skills and Experience:
- Technical automotive or engineering related education is desirable
- Experience in similar Goods-In Inspection role (ideally within automotive background)
- Ability to read and interpret suppliers technical drawings correctly
- Knowledge about function and use of parts to be inspected is desirable
- Supervisory and Team Leader/Manager skills and experience
- Flexible, adaptable and pro-active management style
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions