Project Engineering Lead
A superb opportunity exists for a Project Engineering Lead join the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment, the company generates exports worth around £1.3bn to the UK economy every year.
Their long-term investment in emerging technologies and subsequent development of intellectual property in the UK is achieving export success and delivering huge economic benefits back into the UK, enabling investment in highly skilled jobs.
Within the Typhoon Total Availability Enterprise (TyTAN) Joint Avionic Service (JAS) programme, the need for a Project Engineering Lead (PEL) has arisen.
The PEL will be responsible for the capture, reporting, generation and implementation of product and service optimisation activities in order to reduce the number of Avionics Arising events on the UK Typhoon Fleet and deliver service efficiencies (in both sustainment and improvement); with the focus on cost avoidance, opportunity realisation, asset availability and increased Customer satisfaction across the TyTAN JAS support programme.
Location: RAF Coningsby, Lincoln.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
Skills: MOD, Project Management, Defence, Lean, Six Sigma, Typhoon, TyTAN/JAS
Key Responsibility Areas
- Acting as the principal point of contact for JAS optimisation activities, providing direction and leadership to the JAS optimisation team.
- Managing and evolving the JAS optimisation processes to deliver to ensure maximum benefit is delivered to the JAS.
- Working closely with the TyTAN teams, the JAS Service Delivery Manager and the wider JAS IPT teams to understand and capture issues affecting the delivery of the JAS programme (e.g. test capability shortfalls, obsolescence, recurring failures/queries, NFF/NAA rate management, and process improvement).
- Ownership of the JAS Optimisation Programme registers as a single source of truth for the capture and monitoring progression/status for all activities relating to ‘cost avoidance’, ‘opportunity’ and ‘service optimisation’ within the scope of JAS.
- Managing the JAS Optimisation team to analyse and report performance including, but not limited to:
- Predicted vs actual arising rates
- Achievement of ‘Baked in’ service delivery cost savings
- Stock Availability and Service Impact
- Working closely with BAE Systems Lines of Business to gain a digest of the contributing factors affecting the performance of the JAS product range.
- Generate ‘spend to save’ business cases for optimisation activities, including: initial capture activities, in-depth cost saving analysis, development of budgets and project plans, and defined tangible benefits to enable project feasibility assessments.
- Leading the agenda for a culture of ‘continuous improvement’ and ‘best practice’ throughout the JAS IPT, by offering coaching and advice in the development of tangible activities which nurture innovation and invention in a positive but controlled manner.
- Developing and conducting compliance audits and programme evaluations/reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure JAS optimisation activities are complete, embedded and enduring.
- Delivering regular progress and performance reports as directed by the JAS Transformation Manager and Project Engineering Manager.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions